Job offer display style:
Untold Tales has unlocked an extra spot in their raiding party and is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join up and help prevent us from making any more typos in our tweets, among other things.
We understand and value the hard work it takes to navigate the online community gauntlet and so we’re looking for someone we can fully trust to take the lead here. How you keep the masses fawning at your every word and trolls vanquished – is your call.
We’re also intentionally not listing x years of experience or a specific professional profile. Rather show us anything that you’ve done in the past that you believe makes you a match. From part-time moderating to running unifocal wikis. Full-time streaming or successfully building communities from the ground up around any topic. Some of the best CMs we know come from all walks of life but simply had a passion for games and their digital communities. If you’re someone who shows passion, commitment, transparency, honesty, a hint of black humor – we’re on the right track.
Your main storyline includes quests like:
1. Being the voice (and face!) of our publishing label to players.
2. Build and engage our own community and those of our signed games
3. Craft the community management/comms strategies for each game we publish, in cooperation with the marketing team and the devs
4. Implement community management actions and monitor forums, social channels etc.
5. Playing the games we publish
6. Maintaining relationships with developers and partners
7. Cooperation with marketing, development, and all other departments that help you to get stuff done.
Among your side quests you’ll find:
1. Contributing to team decisions, brainstorms, and social meetings
2. Identify community leaders and enable them to contribute to the larger community
3. Deliver reports and summaries (who doesn’t love a good Powerpoint or Excel spreadsheet?)
4. Collect and share community feedback regarding our published games + talk about it with our devs
What we need from our community wrangler:
1. A natural in building relations and creating discussions along with the ability to get in front of the camera and let the world into ours
2. Some proven experience in building and managing communities (if it’s gaming-related it’s a bonus),
3. You already know or can clearly show an aptitude for grasping the in’s and out’s of all online platforms you believe are worth being on. Be it Twitter, FB, Discord, Steam forums, Twitch, Reddit, TikTok etc.
4. Have a strong command of English both written and spoken (Polish is not required and we’ll even teach all the good swears words to make you feel included)
This is a full-time role with both remote (international) or being based in Poland as options.
We’re offering you the joy of bringing some truly unique games to life. We pride ourselves on signing titles that have something worth sharing and deserve a spotlight. We’ve created an environment where we all are respected, listened to and where everyone’s feedback is a priority in our publishing decisions. A friendly and casual atmosphere with diverse and interesting projects co-created with developers from around the world. We are not a corporation and we put our people before any product. We all have families, pets, hobbies and passions — and we believe work should never overwhelm them.
We do not set strict guidelines and salary ranges. We are open to negotiation to ensure you get what you feel you deserve. We reserve the right to answer only selected applications.
The Untold Tales team needs a Community Manager to join our raiding party. If you need a quick rundown of what Untold Tales is all about, and what it means to have a career with us or simply learn a bit more about our way you can read one of the interviews we gave (ENG or PL).
First and foremost, we’re looking for passion, commitment, transparency, honesty, a hint of dark humor, and professionalism. So, if you got that and you also know how to build a strong & dedicated Community, then we’re in business.
So, what should our Community Manager be capable of? Well, your main storyline with us would include quests like:
Among your side quests you will find:
What we need from our memes and jokes master:
We’re offering you the joy of helping to create some truly unique games in an environment where we all are respected, listened to and who’s feedback is a priority in our publishing decisions. A friendly and casual atmosphere with diverse and interesting projects co-created with developers from around the world. We are not a corporation and there is no place for corporate rules and restrictions. We have families, pets, hobbies and passions — and we believe work should never overwhelm them